Applications are open for the Bitch Media Fellowships for Writers 2021. A series of three-month intensive writing fellowships, the goal is to develop, support, and amplify emerging voices in feminist media. All fellows will work under the guidance of Bitch cofounder Andi Zeisler.
This fellowship was created in order to cultivate and amplify new voices. Fellows will work in one of four subject areas during their fellowship period:
- Sexual politics
- Pop-culture criticism
- Global feminism
During the 3-month fellowship, fellows will:
- Produce a minimum of four online articles for Bitch Media in the topic area of their fellowship. These pieces can take a variety of forms: reported, analytical, advocacy-focused, and even infographic.
- Produce at least one longform article to be published in the quarterly magazine Bitch: A Feminist Response to Pop Culture.
- Participate in regular discussions (by Zoom) with the fellowship director and other members of the Bitch Media staff.
- Receive mentorship and support in creating, shaping, and editing articles and online pieces.
- Receive follow-up support with placing future articles and essays, and make great connections within the feminist-media community.
Receive a $2,000 stipend for the three-month fellowship.
- Fellows can be located anywhere in the world, or at least anywhere with access to email and Skype.
- There is no set age limit.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
June 30, 2020