About the Summer School
Applications are open for CREATE DAV Summer School on Big Data Science 2020 at York University, Toronto. The multi-institutional, interdisciplinary CREATE Program in Data Analytics and Visualization (DAV) at York University in Toronto offers an all-expenses-paid undergraduate summer school on big data science.
The event includes talks by CREATE DAV faculty and industry experts on current research topics in big data science, as well as hands-on experience in York and OCAD U laboratories. The curriculum reflects the wide range of research areas at CREATE DAV, which includes research on
- machine learning,
- data mining,
- signal processing,
- computer vision,
- image processing,
- computer graphics,
- virtual human modelling,
- serious games,
- natural language processing,
- human perception & cognition,
- visualization & design.
- The program accepts undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a career in the big data science.
- A senior (year 3, preferably) undergraduate students that have a background in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Psychology, and Data Visualization.
- Current OCAD U’s senior undergraduate and prospective graduate students.
- Citizens of all countries are eligible.
The program covers transportation costs (up to $1,300 CAD), and provides on-campus accommodations and meals.
How to Apply?
Interested participants can apply for the summer school via this link.
March 9, 2020
CREATE DAV Program,
York University, 4700 Keele Street,
LAS 2001D, Toronto,
Ontario, Canada, M3J 1P3