Munich Graduate School of Economics, Germany invites applications for admissions into its Doctoral Program in Economics and the last date to apply is March 2, 2020. Successful candidates, who pursue their doctoral studies at the MGSE, are provided with advanced training for in-depth research in economics.
The doctoral program has a strong focus on the application of state-of-the-art methods. It combines demanding course work and an early start of individual research. Positions offer comprehensive supervising and mentoring schemes, excellent international contacts, and access to an outstanding research infrastructure from one of Europe’s top 10 universities.
Generally, doctoral students are paid according to a 75% position under the German TVL-E 13 payment scheme (or a roughly equivalent scholarship). The exact salary might slightly vary depending on personal circumstances, the affiliating institution and the teaching load the position might carry (maximally 5 hours per week during the semester). Your specific affiliation and funding depend on and will be matched according to your research interests to one of the following institutions or research programs:
- LMU Munich
- Ifo Institute
- Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition
- Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance
Please note that our programs are extremely competitive. On average, only 2-5% of all applicants per cohort are admitted.
- Master’s Degree and Transcript of Records
- Bachelor’s Degree and Transcript of Records
- Letter of Motivation
- Proof of English
- GRE Test Results
- Recommendation Letters
- Certificate of Secondary Education (eg High School Diploma, Arbiter)
- APS Certificate (if required)
How to Apply?
- The application period runs from mid-December 2019 to March 2, 2020 (noon). In general, positions and courses start in October 2020.
- Students need to prove that their master’s degree will be completed by the end of August at the latest to be employed starting in October.
- All documents must either be in English or German (except for) the letter of motivation and CV, which must be in English). Documents in other languages will need to be submitted with a certified translation into either English or German.
- To apply online, click here.
- The last date to apply is March 2, 2020.
Phone Number: +49 (0) 89 / 2180 – 5629
Email ID: email@example.com