MA in Comparative History / 1 YEAR / The program is built around the comparative research of early modern, modern and contemporary history. It will encourage you to explore a multitude of scholarly approaches and disciplines, including oral history, historical anthropology, intellectual history, conceptual history, microhistory, urban history and gender history, for a better understanding of European and global processes.
MA in Comparative History: From 1500 to Present Time / 2 YEARS / This program is designed for students with a three-year bachelor’s degree in history or a bordering discipline. Jointly run with CEU’s Department of Medieval Studies, it offers two tracks: one in Late Antique, Medieval and Renaissance Studies and one in Comparative History from 1500 to Present Time.
MA in European Women’s and Gender History (MATILDA) / 2 YEARS / Offered jointly with the Department of Gender Studies, this program provides expertise in women’s and gender history as well as European history. The program is operated by a consortium of universities, two of which will be your home and host institutions. Learn more at history.ceu.edu/matilda.
- The Habsburg, Ottoman and Romanov empires and their legacies
- Nationalisms and internationalism
- Communism and post-communism
- Religious studies
- Intellectual, cultural and art history
- Urban history
- Gender history
- Visual and media studies
- Diplomacy and international relations
Study in Vienna
Apply now and be among the first to study at our new campus in Vienna! Did you know that the Austrian capital has been ranked as the world’s “most livable city” for ten years in a row? Find out more about CEU in Vienna at www.ceu.edu/vienna.
Fund your studies
In pursuit of our mission, we strive to attract world-class graduate talents from all over the world. This is why we offer generous and accessible scholarships, available to students from any country. Learn more at www.ceu.edu/financialaid.
- January 30, 2020 for master's studies with financial aid
- April 15, 2020 for self-financing master's candidates who require a study visa
- August 14, 2020 for self-financing master's candidates who do not require a study visa
Find out more about CEU programs, admissions requirements and available funding options here.
- 50 English-language degree programs
- Students and faculty from 100+ countries
- 16,000+ alumni across 6 continents
- Accredited in the U.S., Austria and Hungary
- 8:1 student/faculty ratio
- Based in Vienna, the heart of Europe
Student Recruitment Office