The School of Economics and Finance, University of St Andrews invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for admission into its doctoral program.
Doctoral study within the School of Economics and Finance at the University of St Andrews is excellent preparation for careers in different fields. Previous alumni have subsequently followed successful careers in academia, industry, finance, public sector institutions, central banks and international organizations such as the United Nations, International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
In the first year in the program, depending on your background you may be asked to take some modules from our MSc programs. These modules will most likely be from our MSc in Economics, MSc in Economics and Finance degree or from the modules taught as part of the Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics – either at an MSc or at a Ph.D. level.
- School of Economics and Finance Ph.D. Studentships 2020
- St Andrews scholarships for research postgraduate programmes
- St Leonard’s Doctoral and Postgraduate College scholarships
How to Apply?
- Successful applicants for the Ph.D. will normally already have a good MSc degree equivalent to the School’s programs in Economics or Finance and Economics.
- Verify that your proposed topic falls within the areas of expertise covered in our department. Staff research expertise can be found in the Potential Supervisors section.
- To apply online, click here.
- The research proposal should give a detailed description of your planned research project.
- Most Ph.D. students begin their programs in late August, so we recommend that you begin the process as early as possible in the academic year.
- Only applications for funding from students who have completed their online applications (including references) and been made a formal offer by the University, will be considered.
Phone Number: +44 (0)1334 46 2439
Email ID: email@example.com