The International Sustainability Academy, Germany invites applications from young, motivated candidates for its Scholarship Program 2021. It is a 9-month program, where 12 young professionals come together in Hamburg, Germany in order to find solutions for the greatest challenges of Planet Earth.
ISA is a project of the Schutzgemeinschaft Deutscher Wald Lv. Hamburg e.V. (SDW) [The Protective Association for the German Forest] and is located in Hamburg in the WÄLDERHAUS. The goal is to support and strengthen international cooperation in the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The primary focus is on the close exchange of know-how amongst the scholarship holders during their individual research work. Further focal points of the program are training courses and internships developed together with the scholarship-holders, visits to Best Practice companies and institutions. Students will be supervised and supported in the subject matter by the ISA and selected universities and research centers.
- The costs of the stay will be paid.
- € 1,300 per month expenses (includes own research and as applicable, excursions and internships)
- Health insurance
- Accommodation (private, furnished flat-share room (ca. 12m²) with shared bathroom and kitchen)
- Return flight costs(Economy Class (max. three stopovers, flight from the home country airport) (airport transfer in the home country may be granted under justified circumstances)
- Airport transfer in Hamburg with public transport
- Season ticket for the use of public transport in Hamburg
- Costs of group excursions
- BMZ sponsorship regulations apply
The program is aimed at people who are already involved in activities in connection with SDGs. These could be students or career starters or Start-Up Founders.
- Applicants must come from developing countries of Asia, Africa, America, and Europe.
- Evidence of English skills of at least B1 or better
- Evidence of university degree and/or relevant professional experience
- Applicants must already be working on a project or research in their home country, ideally on the theme of climate protection which they can further consolidate in Germany. It is important that the benefits to the home country can be seen
- The project must be attributable to one or more Sustainable Development Goals (SDG ́s)
- You must apply for a visa at the Germany Embassy in your home country
- There is no age limit for applicants.
October 2019 to June 2020, 9 months
Selection is based on the following requirements and the dimensions deduced from them:
- Intellectual Abilities: Specialist qualification, general education/ open-mindedness, and interest/ creativity.
- Value Orientation/ Responsibility: Standpoint and tolerance and independent thinking.
- General: Environment policy commitment and volunteer activities taking into account their own artistic or scientific performance.
- Personality: Motivation, potential, personal presentation, and social competence.
How to Apply?
Candidates interested to apply for the Scholarship Program need to submit the following documents:
- Evidence of educational qualifications, diploma, Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent.
- Letter of motivation, 1,000 characters.
- A typed or word-processed, formulated, 3 to 4-page curriculum vitae with date and signature (not tabular, written on one side only and not tacked together).
- Evidence of English skills (min. B1).
- Project description, 1,500 characters.
- Eligibility for a stay abroad (matriculation, authorization from employer).
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is June 30, 2020.
Phone Number: +49 40 302156 540
Email ID: email@example.com