Under the mandate of the MOE, Zhejiang University is calling applications for the “Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program” of Zhejiang University for the year 2020. The scholarship is available for non-Chinese citizens.
Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education.
- Coverage of the scholarship:
- Tuition waiver;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- Categories of Applicants and Duration of the Scholarship: Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years; Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years.
Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese must have a good command of the Chinese language. If their Chinese proficiency has not reached the requirement of our institution for professional learning (refer to section III below), they are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants must NOT be registered students in Chinese universities at the time of application or graduates from Chinese universities whose graduation is less than one year ago.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must be under the age of 40 and have a master’s degree.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must be under the age of 35 and have a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
- Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
- Applicants should not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships.
How to Apply?
- Applicants must provide the following materials.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in Chinese or in English, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
- A photocopy of the passport.
- Highest degree certificate, which must be original documents or notarized copies.
- Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates.
- Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter).
- To apply online, click here.
- The last date to apply is March 31, 2020.
Phone Number: +86 571 87951537
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org